Giraffe Shuttle is an addon to the Giraffe incubator/warmer and Panda warmer: it allows the battery supported transfer of the bed from one hospital care area to another without disturbing the baby … resulting in improved thermal and physiological stability; reduced handling and chance of mishap. Less stress for baby and family. One baby, one bed from delivery to discharge.
The Giraffe Shuttle provides seamless continuity of care when transporting infants from one care area to another.
The Giraffe* Shuttle facilitates the mobility of these beds within a hospital building, reducing the potential for clinical problems associated with intra-hospital transport that result from interrupted patient thermalregulation and intrahospital transport.
Seamless care, from one environment to another. The Giraffe Shuttle is a portable power source that connects to GE Healthcare’s Giraffe family. It provides electrical power to the bed and other auxiliary equipment, as well as provisions for medical gas management. The Giraffe Shuttle facilitates the mobility of these beds within a hospital building, reducing the potential for clinical problems associated with intra-hospital transport that result from interrupted patient thermalregulation and intrahospital transport.
Designed to meet your infant care needs.
Every aspect of the Giraffe Shuttle is designed to help you provide the best infant care possible, while maximizing your healthcare investment.
- Longer-life battery
- The Giraffe Shuttle offers up to 45 minutes and 365 cycles of electrical power to Giraffe or Panda beds and compatible accessories, allowing you to transport infants safely within a hospital building. Battery indicators provide guidance on the time remaining on a single charge, as well as the life of the batteries.
- Auxillary support
- The Giraffe Shuttle can support the power needs of the Giraffe Incubator, Giraffe Warmer, Giraffe Omnibed, and other compatible devices.
- Ergonomic frame
- In addition to easy, secure compatibililty with Giraffe and Panda iRes beds, Giraffe Shuttle offers increased bed maneuverability to help ease the challenge of navigating through the hospital. It also features provisions for medical gas management—crucial for providing patient stability during intra-hospital transport.
Provide continuity of care for your smallest patients.
The Giraffe Shuttle is designed to maximize your ability to provide a safe, stable environment when transporting infants from one hospital care area to another. Among the benefits the Giraffe Shuttle provides:
- Simpler, safer infant transport
- With Giraffe Shuttle, you no longer need to move babies to and from a transport incubator. By eliminating the need to transfer a baby from bed to bed, the Giraffe Shuttle, in combination with the Giraffe or Panda bed, helps reduce the potential for clinical problems that can result from interrupted patient thermal regulation, patient touch, handling, and movement—all of which potentially challenge physiological stability.
- Broad compatibility with your care environment
- Designed to maximize your investment, the Giraffe Shuttle can power various accessories and auxiliary equipment. When paired with existing Giraffe and Panda iRes beds, Giraffe Shuttle extends the use of these products while potentially improving intra-hospital transport outcomes.
- Greater maneuverability
- The Giraffe Shuttle connects smoothly with any Giraffe or Panda bed. Its slim silhouette is designed to make It easier for you to steer the bed in tight spaces, through doorways, down hallways, and around corners.
- Greater workflow efficiency
- In addition to all of its clinical advantages, the Giraffe Shuttle can help save time spent on transferring a baby from one bed to another and cleaning those beds.
- Greater peace of mind
- The Giraffe Shuttle supports the One Baby, One Bed concept originally introduced with the Giraffe OmniBed to extend to the intra-hospital movement of the baby. Knowing that babies can now be supported fully in the Giraffe or Panda bed, even when moving through the hospital, provides greater peace of mind for caregivers and parents.